VIRTUAL VISITS TO CLASSROOMS!
As a teacher for 30 years I reached out to (Jeff) and he offered the opportunity to (visit) the classroom. He not only read the book but ‘told the story’ to my second graders. What a difference when you tell a story (storytelling) versus read it. They were mesmerized, loving the whimsical verses and acting out the scenes with Mr. Bates. I was able to use the book in a variety of ways (including a play for the children which Mr. Bates wrote.) The back of the book has a section with a reflection and questions that help with class (or home) discussions. There is also a Teachers’ Guide that helps give structure for lessons to understand empathy, active listening, boundaries, and even more - feelings. I highly recommend this book for all ages as, even adults have a childlike side within themselves.
Teacher 3rd grade
"As a teacher of special needs children, I am astounded at how quickly even children with reading comprehension difficulties can grasp the concept of looking inside oneself to find the truths we all search for "out there."
Jeff has provided us with a passionate, moving, simple, yet profound, message that parents, teachers and children alike can share again and again, finding new meaning and deeper understanding with each telling.
ABA, Special Needs Professional
Teacher's Guide Now
"The Little Bucket" presents such a profound lesson in a way that children can understand and begin to utilize themselves. The author visited the school where I teach 4-5yr old preschoolers, and their ability to understand and comprehend the book's meaning was amazing. A great. learning tool for both home and school. Sara Gilkerson. Pre-School Teacher, Cocoa, Florida
One of the greatest thrills that I had in telling The Little Bucket story was when I went to Oak Park Elementary School to share the story with 40 students who were chosen for their writing abilities between 3rd through 6th grades! What an honor! And I had so much fun and thank Nancy Praver & Oak Park Elementary for the opportunity. This little book is still gaining speed...and it's message is more important now than ever! "Happiness, for it to be real lasting happiness, is an inside job."
<--Click to read Nancy's review. ~jBates
2021-2022 SCHOOL YEAR
THE LITTLE BUCKET INTO YOUR
MAKE PLANS NOW!
45 MIN PROGRAM - $125 (NEG)
INVITE THE LITTLE BUCKET TO BE HEARD and EXPERIENCED
IN YOUR CLASSROOM or SCHOOL!
Authors 45 Minute Presentation includes:
1. Telling The Little Bucket story with pictures including sound effects shared on ZOOM.
2. Interaction with students about the different facets of the story: Puppeting Full Bucket with Empty Bucket. Listening to students questions...Where did the hole come from? Do full buckets complain about what others are doing? Talking about the space inside of us and outside.
3. The Ballad of The Little Bucket sing-a-long "Splish Splash Giggle Laugh" - play guitar and teach song. Words available online for teacher to print or show on screen.
4. If books have been purchased - give to each student. (Can be arranged ahead of time if virtual event)
5. (OPTIONAL) Share Teachers Guide highlights with interested teachers (a separate time will be necessary) .
a. Setting Boundaries
b. Expressing feelings
c. Learning to imagine while listening (Active Listening) and creating a picture.
d. Learning Empathy
"Happiness is an inside job!"
Please reach out here (below) if you are interested in a STE (Story Telling Event) in your classroom! Reach out with questions.